Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pitchfork may

Silkie by ashes57

My Pitchfork column returns for May featuring the amazing Silkie album and the fertile ground between grime MCs and funky tracks right now.

I hope it comes across how sick I think Silkie's album is. Every album has moments that aren't to your taste but on the whole 99% of "City Limits Volume 1" is downright amazing.

I seem to be posting quite a lot recently. Joke is I havent even finished for this week. Hold tight for something even bigger.

By the way, if you're in Brighton this Saturday Dusk and I are DJing at the Corn Exchange as part of the Summer of Dub night. It features Benga, African Headcharge, Adrian Sherwood, Jazzsteppa and Moodyboyz. The venue's about a 1000 people so should make quite a contrast to last Sunday's Plastic People. It's a game of two halves...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

see you at the corn exchange! it will be a large one :o)

Marius said...

Hundreds of thousands of drum and bass fans??

Blackdown said...

literally. if not millions ;)

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vc4ozfh8EM

Marius said...

Exactly, I thought you were underestimating a tad :-)

ColdSweat said...

**cough** Dub Infusions **cough**

:-)